Physical representations of data have existed for thousands of years. Now, with advances in digital fabrication, actuated tangible interfaces, and shape-changing displays, a new area of research is emerging: data physicalization.
Data physicalization aims to help people explore, understand, and communicate data using computer-supported physical data representations. We call these representations physicalizations, analogously to visualizations – their purely visual counterpart. This wiki provides reading material and a forum for all interested in this topic.
Content of this Wiki
- Terminology – Terminology related to data physicalization
- People – List of people involved in data physicalization
- Bibliography – List of research papers on data physicalization
- Technologies – Papers on enabling technologies for data physicalization
- Workshops – Past and future workshops on data physicalization
- Contribute – How to contribute to this wiki
- List of physical visualizations and related artifacts.