This is a list of past and future workshops on data physicalization. If you are organizing or already organized a workshop on this (or a related) topic, feel free to add it here.
- 29 June 2016 — Let’s Get Physical, Exploring the Design Process of Data Physicalization, a hands-on workshop held during the DRS conference. Organized by Yvonne Jansen, Pauline Gourlet, Samuel Huron, Uta Hinrichs, and Trevor Hogan.
- 2-6 May 2016 — “From Mind to Reality” Workshop, a new workshop format engaging students with different backgrounds – Communication Design, Product Design, Design & Engineering – asking them to design and prototype an object able to make live data streams “tangible”. Organized by Monica Bordegoni and Michele Mauri from the Density Design Lab at Politecnico di Milano.
- 18 April 2016 — Workshop introducing "Creative Technology" students at TU Twente, Netherlands, to Data Physicalization. Organized by Yvonne Jansen with support from Angelika Mader and Yuri Engelhardt.
- 14 + 16 February 2016 — Tangible Data, Explorations in Data Physicalization, a studio-workshop at TEI'16, Feb 14+16, 2016, Eindhoven, Netherlands. Organized by Trevor Hogan, Eva Hornecker, Simon Stusak, Yvonne Jansen, Jason Alexander, Andrew Vande Moere, Uta Hinrichs, and Kieran Nolan.
- 19 April 2015 — Exploring the Challenges of Making Data Physical at CHI 2015 in Seoul organized by Jason Alexander, Yvonne Jansen, Kasper Hornbæk, Johan Kildal, and Abhijit Karnik.
- 9 Nov 2014 — Death of the Desktop: Envisioning Visualization without Desktop Computing at IEEE VIS in Paris organized by Yvonne Jansen, Petra Isenberg, Jason Dykes, Sheelagh Carpendale, and Dan Keefe.